Thank you for your interest in being a speaker for ShutterFest! We love business topics, we love lighting and posing topics. The truth is, we LOVE UNIQUE AND HANDS-ON TOPICS of all kinds.
- Submit UNIQUE class topics! Low-effort topics and descriptions will get you rejected as a speaker fast. We want something that is going to get people excited and something that is not a free Youtube video. There are 50 people along with you submitting “OCF for Beginners.” What spin can you put on it that will make it stand out? Think outside the box and challenge yourself to be a better instructor.
- Categorize your courses correctly. This has a HUGE impact on class placement, expectations and attendee ratings. If students will be shooting, select hands-on. If you are demonstrating concepts with a model, choose live demonstration. If you will have slides or need access to a traditional classroom, select lecture.
- Consider teaching intermediate or advanced only classes. This is requested every year!
- NEW first-time speaker program: with the idea of “promoting from within,” this year a group of first-time speakers will be accepted with one topic ONLY as part of a trial program to help give new speakers a foot in the door and a platform. First-time speakers will not be paid.
- Veteran speakers are required to teach three classes, as usual.
- JUST BECAUSE YOU APPLY DOES NOT MEAN YOU WILL BE ACCEPTED. We only have 50 total slots for speakers this year. Every year, we receive more than 150 applications. This means that even though you might be a good speaker, great person, etc. you might get rejected. This doesn’t mean there was anything wrong with your application or you as a person, it just means we had a lot of options and you were not selected this time. We encourage you to try again in the future.
Good luck. We look forward to hearing all your ideas for an incredible ShutterFest.
Be the first to know when 2025 speaker applications open.
Enter your email below to join the waitlist!