Thank you for your interest in being a speaker for ShutterFest 2023!
Some things to consider BEFORE submitting:
- This is no ordinary conference. We have a very active community that is very goal oriented. Don’t bore them with fluff or some presentation you gave at another conference last year. Give them unique content. Challenge them and push them to see the world differently.
- We love business topics, we love lighting and posing topics. The truth is, we LOVE UNIQUE AND HANDS-ON TOPICS of all kinds.
- Topics do matter. For example, topics like “Lighting 101” or “OCF for Dummies” will get you rejected as a speaker fast. Topics like “Shooting baby goldfish from a moving F-18 fighter jet” – now we are talking!! You get the point, right? We want something that is going to get people excited and something that is not a free Youtube video. Think outside the box and challenge yourself to be a better instructor.
- Be sure to categorize and describe your courses correctly. This has a huge impact on the students and how we position your classes. If students will be shooting portfolio-level shots, select hands-on. If you are just demonstrating, choose live demonstration. Lecture should be self-explanatory.
- VERY IMPORTANT – JUST BECAUSE YOU APPLY DOES NOT MEAN YOU WILL BE ACCEPTED. Every year, we have over 200 speakers apply for less than 70 slots. You do the math. 🙂
We look forward to hearing all your ideas for an incredible ShutterFest.