WE WANT YOU TO VOLUNTEER AT SHUTTERFEST!
Want to be a volunteer for one of the most exciting events on the planet? Think you got what it takes?
We are in search for 125 highly motivated individuals looking to be a part of the ShutterFest community. We need people who are enthusiastic, energetic, and are willing to offer their creativity and skills to help make ShutterFest 2017 the best year yet!
Here is what’s in it for you:
Our lucky SF17 volunteers will receive (aside from seeing some of the best speakers in the industry in action and building lasting friendships with other members on the SF Crew):
- SF goodie bag with thumb drive of speaker presentations
- EXCLUSIVE staff t-shirt (no one else will have access to buy these!)
- FREE pass to SF Extreme!!! (a $249 value)
- day-after brunch and tour at Salvatore Cincotta studio in O’Fallon, IL
- lunch vouchers during the event (18th, 19th, 20th)
***NEW for 2017: in order to volunteer, you MUST purchase a ticket prior to the event – you will be reimbursed at the end of the event. If you have already purchased your ShutterFest 2017 ticket and you would rather volunteer, you will be reimbursed for the cost of your ticket at the end of the event.
1. Arrival no later than April 16th (yes, we know this is Easter Sunday) to help unload the truck and start setting up the madness. Exact times TBD and we will communicate those details to the selected volunteers.
2. Commitment to stay through the end of the show on April 20th to help break everything down.
3. A positive attitude and willingness to volunteer your time to helping the event run smoothly. As a volunteer you are expected to stand your post. This is not a free pass to attend the conference.
4. All volunteers will be responsible for the following: Loading/unloading, packing/unpacking boxes, assembling displays, and distributing signage.
You will be given very specific task(s)/role(s), all to be clearly communicated to you well in advance so you are as prepared as possible for this year’s event.
You will be placed in a specific role depending on what is needed. However, we would like you to choose categories you are interested in (you will be able to select categories on the form below).
-Assist with rotating models into hair & makeup and wardrobe. Keep track of Model check in/out. Answering questions about the RAH program.
-Assisting attendees with locations, times, lost and found. Answering general questions about the event.
-Check in pre-conference registrations. Register onsite attendees. Distribute name badges and goodie bags. Assist with registration/conference questions.
-Assigned to Speakers. Check badges and class lists. Assist in room set up, shoot set ups, etc.
-Preference given to working photographers with at least 3 years experience, Computer savy (Mac), Knowledgeable and comfortable using photo equipment.
-Willing to help where ever needed. Given specific tasks as they arise to complete— such as delivering messages, troubleshooting situations, standing in as needed. General problem solving.
–Experienced in working with basic A/V equipment (projector, PA, wireless mics, etc)
-Set up projectors & media wall
– Unpacking and organizing swag station. Selling individual items at swag station.
Please fill out the form below if you are interest in volunteering for ShutterFest 2017. We’re looking forward to having you on the team!